Sunwater participates in the water trading markets throughout its water supply schemes.
Sunwater has mechanisms in place to ensure that water trading activities are conducted in an equitable and transparent manner, and provide clarity to market participants. Details of these mechanisms are outlined in our Water Trading Code of Conduct.
One of Sunwater’s key mechanisms that ensures fairness in the trading process is the use of an independent water broker, Ruralco. In accordance with our Water Trading Ringfencing Guideline, Ruralco is physically and digitally removed from all information relating to Sunwater’s business to ensure that market sensitive information is not utilised in trading activities.
Water is sold by Sunwater on the temporary and permanent markets via Ruralco’s online trading platform, Water Exchange. Customers seeking to purchase water on the platform can do so by registering a trading account. For assistance in registering an account or to enquire about the Sunwater allocations available, contact information for the broker can be found on the Ruralco web site.
Customers also benefit from the ability to perform Temporary Transfers from their Sunwater account via the online customer service portal SunwaterOnline, which is available 24 hours a day.
For information on:
- regulatory requirements in ROP Water Supply Schemes, please visit the Water markets and trading page on the Queensland Government website
- Temporary Transfers, please visit SunwaterOnline, or contact 13 15 89
- ringfencing, view our ringfencing arrangements and guidelines
- Sunwater’s Water Trading Policy, please refer to our Publication scheme
- announced allocations for individual water supply schemes, visit our water supply schemes page
- Sunwater’s water trading dispute resolution process, please refer to our Dispute Resolution Process.
For information on all water trades conducted across the water supply schemes for each financial year, please refer to the documents below.