Subdivision or Amalgamation of Water Allocation
Important Information: To subdivide or amalgamate a Water Allocation it is necessary for the Water Allocation Holder to apply to the Department for a “Dealing Certificate”.
Required documents to commence must be provided by the Solicitor/Customer:
- Application for subdivision or change of water allocation form found on our customer forms page here
- Copy of Dealing Certificate issued by the Department.
Required documents to complete must be provided by the Solicitor/Customer:
- Copy of Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS) issued by the Department.
All required documentation can be sent to Sunwater via the preferred method of email or alternatively post.
Post: Customer Support, Sunwater Limited, PO Box 15536, CITY EAST QLD 4001
Steps — Commence Subdivision or Amalgamation
- Solicitor/Customer lodges the Subdivision or Amalgamation request with the Department
- Department supplies Solicitor/Customer with a Dealing Certificate
- Sunwater receives the application form and required documents to commence from Solicitor/Customer
- We will assess the application and review the documents and the customer’s water accounts
- If further information or direction is required, Sunwater emails a Request for Further Information to Solicitor/Customer for a response (e.g. payment of outstanding account)
- Sunwater receives the additional information from Solicitor/Customer
- We will issue by post the Notice to Registrar (NTR) to Solicitor/Customer
Steps — Complete Subdivision or Amalgamation
- Solicitor/Customer is to provide Sunwater with a copy of the Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS) for the new subdivided or amalgamated water allocation/s
- We will issue by email the self-executing Water Supply Contract to Solicitor/Customer, this does not need to be signed and returned to Sunwater
- On receipt of the Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS), Sunwater will complete the changes in its system.
Response Time by Sunwater
Our aim is to complete all applications efficiently and within an acceptable time frame. The following is a guide on our response times:
- Issue of a Notice to Registrar: 10 business days from receipt of the Dealing Certificate
- Issue self-executing Water Supply Contract: 10 business days from receipt of the Registration Confirmation Statement/s.
Currently, no fee is applicable for Subdivision or Amalgamation applications.