Change to a water allocation
The most common change request is to move the water allocation to a different location. The location is zone specified in a Resource Operation Plan. A change may also relate to a name change, purpose or priority of the water allocation.
Change types requiring a Dealing Certificate are Zone, Priority, Purpose, Name.
To change a Water Allocation, it is necessary for the Water Allocation Holder to apply to the Department for a “Dealing Certificate”. A Solicitor/Customer must complete an Application for Subdivision/Change of Water Allocation Form and submit to Sunwater with the required documentation detailed on the form.
Note: Change to an Operational Location but within the same Zone does not require a Dealing Certificate the application form should be lodged directly to Sunwater.
Required documents to commence must be provided by Solicitor/Customer:
- Application for Subdivision/Change of Water Allocation Form
- Copy of Dealing Certificate issued by the Department.
Required documents to complete must be provided by Solicitor/Customer:
- Copy of Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS) issued by the Department.
All required documentation can be sent to Sunwater via the preferred method of email or alternatively post.
Post: Customer Support, Sunwater Limited, PO Box 15536, CITY EAST QLD 4001
Steps — Commence Change
- Solicitor/Customer lodges the change request with the Department
- Department supplies Solicitor/Customer with a Dealing Certificate
- Solicitor/Customer submits application form and required documents to commence with Sunwater
- If further information or direction is required, Sunwater will email a Request for Further Information to Solicitor/Customer for response.
- Sunwater receives the additional information and/or direction from Solicitor/Customer
- We will issue by email the self-executing Water Supply Contract to Solicitor/Customer, this does not need to be signed and returned to Sunwater
- We will issue by post the Notice to Registrar (NTR) to Solicitor/Customer
Steps — Complete Change
- Solicitor/Customer to provide a copy of Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS) to Sunwater when change is registered at Department
- On receipt of the Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS), Sunwater will complete the change updates in its system.
Response Time by Sunwater
Our aim is to complete all applications efficiently and within an acceptable time frame. The following is a guide on our response times:
- Issue self-executing Water Supply Contract and Notice to Registrar: 5 business days from receipt of fully completed application form and ALL required documents/forms and any Request for Further Information
An Administration and Transfer Fee is applicable and an invoice for the fee is emailed to the Solicitor/Customer upon receipt of the application. Current fees can be obtained from the Fees & Charges Schedule.