Water Allocations for Sale or Lease
Sunwater is developing a program for the sale (permanent trade) of all available water allocations which is expected to commence early in the 2020/2021 financial year.
Details about the program and the water allocations for sale in each relevant water supply scheme will be made available on this page as they are confirmed.
Please note, Sunwater maintains the right to pull a water parcel from auction at anytime to relist at a later time in the water year.
Temporary trade auction — Nogoa Mackenzie Water Supply Scheme
Sunwater has 465 megalitres of medium priority water allocations in the Nogoa Mackenzie Water Supply Scheme available for temporary trade through an auction on the Water Exchange platform.
The water will be auctioned in parcels as per the details outlined in the table below.
- The above auction links went live on the Water Exchange website at 3pm on 28th April, and will have varied closing times (hourly between 10am-4pm) and dates on 13th-14th May.
- Customers will need to register an account with Water Exchange by 12th May if they wish to participate. Customers can register via the Water Exchange website, for assistance with registration, please contact Lincoln Parr using the contact details provided below.
- This water can be purchased by existing Sunwater contract holders with an active offtake in the Nogoa Mackenzie Water Supply Scheme. New customers, please contact Sunwater on 13 15 89, Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm.
- Water purchased will be available for use in the 2020-21 water year ending 30 June 2021.
Temporary transfer process
Water will be sold in parcels via auction, with bidding occurring in real time. Customers will need to register an account with Water Exchange by 12th May if they wish to participate. Customers can register via the Water Exchange website, for assistance with registration, please contact Lincoln Parr using the contact details provided below.
After the auction
At the close of each auction, Water Exchange will provide a Temporary Transfer application form and invoice for payment to the highest bidder. Water Exchange will submit the completed form and payment to Sunwater, who will then transfer the water volume to the purchaser.
The purchased allocation will be available for use in the 2020-21 water year (ending 30 June 2021) and will be added to your existing eligible water allocation.
Purchase price, fees and charges
The final purchase price for the allocations will be determined by the market via the Water Exchange auction process.
Additional fees and changes applicable to the sale process include:
- brokerage fee of 1.1% (inc GST) of the purchase price
- Water Exchange processing fee of $33.00 (inc GST).
The water will be auctioned in parcels on Water Exchange with auctions opening at 3pm on 28th April and ending at various times on 13th and 14th May. The links to each auction is supplied in the table above.
For further information regarding the water sale process or to progress registration of a Water Exchange trading account, please contact Sunwater’s Ruralco water broker, Lincoln Parr, on 0419 473153 or email@example.com.
Sunwater Customer Support
Phone: 13 15 89