Update 1 – Tuesday 29 March 2022, 01:40pm
Paradise Dam is expected to spill excess water in coming the days due to observed water flow upstream. The storage level is 98.8% capacity. The Paradise Dam Emergency Action Plan has been activated and Sunwater will communicate with Bundaberg and North Burnett Local Disaster Management groups (LDMGs) as required.
We are monitoring the dam 24/7 and encourage the Bundaberg and North Burnet communities and downstream residents to:
· review their emergency plan and stay alert for further advice
· download Sunwater’s app and follow Sunwater on Facebook and Twitter
· check Bundaberg LDMG’s Disaster Dashboard for emergency news, road closures, and power outages
· tune into ABC Radio 100.1FM · monitor forecasts and river levels at bom.gov.au
· check the dam’s level at https://bit.ly/ParadiseStorageLevels