Sunwater’s full-service approach to project delivery doesn’t end with the design and building of water infrastructure and technology.
With a multidisciplinary operation and knowledge base we can provide operation and maintenance of pipeline and pump station water infrastructure for irrigation, industrial and urban purposes.
Our teams of specialist engineers, technicians, tradespeople and operations experts operate and manage infrastructure projects including dams, weirs, barrages, reservoirs and balancing storages for our own business and external authorities across regional Queensland.
- Managing routine maintenance and operations activities
- Overhauling of pumps
- Overhauling of motors
- Pigging and antifouling of pipelines
- Repairing valves
- Repairing surge tanks
- Managing civil works
- Installing and maintaining mechanical seals
- Repairing and modifying pipes
- Applying industrial coatings
- Testing pumps
- Monitoring pipeline performance and condition
- Monitoring high voltage motors, switchgear and power systems
- Monitoring galvanic and impressed current cathodic protection systems
- Programming and maintaining PLCs
- Fault finding, maintaining and repairing SCADA systems
- Maintaining and repairing flow metering and calibration
- Monitoring hydraulics
- Condition monitoring of all equipment
- Refurbishing and replacing exiting installations
- Upgrading and commissioning installations
- Project managing industrial installation work.
Sunwater maintains a water accounting function to manage the development and maintenance of water products, regulatory compliance and liaison with external bodies on operational issues.
The group is responsible for maintaining water information data for operational and compliance needs. The functions perform:
- recording and maintenance of water information data
- regulatory compliance and reporting (Federal and State)
- liaison with external bodies on operational issues, such as the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection and the Bureau of Meteorology.
Sunwater owns and operates its own Gauging Station Network for the operations and management of water supply schemes.
Our hydrographic services are available to other water infrastructure owners upon request. These include:
- management of Gauging Station Networks
- recording and maintenance of time series data for water levels, flows and water quality
- maintenance of Gauging Stations including instrumentation
- compliance reporting for ROPS and BOM.