skip to main content skip to navigation


Change to a Water Allocation

The most common change request is to move the allocation to a different location. The location is a zone specified in a resource operation plan. A change may also relate to the purpose or priority of the water allocation. Change types requiring a Dealing Certificate: Zone; Priority; Purpose

To change a Water Allocation it is necessary for the Water Allocation Holder to apply to the Department for a "Dealing Certificate". Solicitor/Customer complete a Change to a Water Allocation Application form and submit to SunWater with the required documentation detailed on the form.

Note: Change to an Operational Location but within the same Zone does not require a Dealing Certificate as application should be lodged directly to SunWater


1. Solicitor/Customer lodges the change request with the Department

2. Department supplies Solicitor/Customer with a Dealing Certificate

3. Solicitor/Customer submits required documents to SunWater

4. SunWater prepares contract with search letter detailing further conditions (e.g. payment of outstanding account). The contract and a ‘Notice to Registrar of Existence of Supply Contract’ (formerly known as a ROP13) is issued to the Solicitor/Customer.

5. Solicitor/Customer return original signed contracts

6. SunWater receives signed contracts and once executed by SunWater provides copy to Solicitor/Customer

7. Solicitor/Customer to supply Registration Confirmation Statement (RCS) to SunWater when change is registered at Titles. SunWater completes account update.

Change completed

Required documents for Change

All documents should be sent as text-readable pdf’s to – OR – by post to Customer Support, SunWater Limited, PO Box 15536, CITY EAST QLD 4001

Response Time by SunWater

Our aim is to complete all applications efficiently and within an acceptable timeframe. The following is a guide on our response times:

  • Issue Supply Contracts for signing and a ‘Notice to Registrar’ (formerly known as a ROP13) – 10 business days from receipt of fully completed application form and ALL required documents/forms

Application Fee

An Administration and Transfer Fee is applicable and an invoice for the fee is emailed to the Solicitor/Customer upon receipt of the application. Current fees can be obtained from the Fees & Charges Schedule for the relevant scheme located on Scheme Information.