Change to a Water Allocation (Zone; Priority; Purpose; Name)
The most common change request is to move the water allocation to a different location. The location is zone specified in a Resource Operation Plan. A change may also relate to a name change, purpose or priority of the water allocation.
Change types requiring a Dealing Certificate: Zone; Priority; Purpose
To change a Water Allocation, it is necessary for the Water Allocation Holder to apply to the Department for a “Dealing Certificate”. Solicitor/Customer completes an Application for Subdivision/Change of Water Allocation Form and submits to SunWater with the required documentation detailed on the form.
Note: Change to an Operational Location but within the same Zone does not require a Dealing Certificate the application form should be lodged directly to SunWater.
Required documents to commence must be provided by Solicitor/Customer:
- Application for Subdivision/Change of Water Allocation Form
- Copy of Dealing Certificate issued by the Department
Required documents to complete must be provided by Solicitor/Customer:
- Copy of Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS) issued by the Department
All required documentation can be sent to SunWater via the preferred method of email or alternatively post.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Post: Customer Support, SunWater Limited, PO Box 15536, CITY EAST QLD 4001
Steps — Commence Change
1. Solicitor/Customer lodges the change request with the Department
2. Department supplies Solicitor/Customer with a Dealing Certificate
3. Solicitor/Customer submits application form and required documents to commence with SunWater
4. If further information or direction is required, SunWater will email a Request for Further Information to Solicitor/Customer for response.
5. SunWater receives the additional information and/or direction from Solicitor/Customer
6. We will issue by email the self-executing Water Supply Contract to Solicitor/Customer, this does not need to be signed and returned to SunWater
7. We will issue by post the Notice to Registrar (NTR) to Solicitor/Customer
Steps — Complete Change
8. Solicitor/Customer to provide a copy of Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS) to SunWater when change is registered at Department
9. On receipt of the Registration Confirmation Statement/s (RCS), SunWater will complete the change updates in its system
Response Time by SunWater
Our aim is to complete all applications efficiently and within an acceptable timeframe. The following is a guide on our response times:
- • Issue self-executing Water Supply Contract and Notice to Registrar (5 business days from receipt of fully completed application form and ALL required documents/forms and any Request for Further Information)
An Administration and Transfer Fee is applicable and an invoice for the fee is emailed to the Solicitor/Customer upon receipt of the application. Current fees can be obtained from the Fees & Charges Schedule for the relevant scheme located on Scheme Information.