Lease of Water Allocation
A water allocation can be leased for a defined period of time. A water allocation lease is similar to a lease of land; however, only whole water allocations can be leased
Upon entering a lease contract the Lessor and Lessee complete a Lease of Water Allocation Application form. The application is completed and submitted to SunWater with the required documentation detailed on the form.
1. SunWater receive required documentation from Solicitor/Lessee
2. SunWater prepares new Lessor and Lessee contracts with search letter detailing further conditions (e.g. payment of outstanding account)
3. SunWater emails contracts and letter for Lessee & Lessor to Solicitor/Lessee for signing
4. Signed original contracts are returned to SunWater
5. SunWater receives signed contracts, checks payment for accounts have been received as per search letter or commitment obtained from solicitor that any outstanding monies will be collected at settlement
6. SunWater issues ‘Notice to Registrar of Existence of Supply Contract’ (formerly known as a ROP13) to Solicitor/Lessee along with the Lessee and Lessor copy of the executed supply contract
7. Solicitor/Purchaser is to provide SunWater with a copy of the Stamped Form 7 and Lodgement Summary to allow the transfer of the water allocation from the Lessor’s account to that of the Lessee. If a Financier is lodging the documents with Titles then the Solicitor/Lessee is to provide to SunWater a copy of the Stamped Form 7 and contact details of the Financier [see note below].
8. On receipt of Stamped Form 7 & Lodgement Summary or Financier contact details, SunWater will transfer the allocation to the Lessee
9. Solicitor/Lessee to supply Registration Confirmation Statement (RCS) to SunWater when lease is registered at Titles and on receipt, SunWater transfers the allocation to the Lessee and provides a release of supply contract letter to the Lessor (if applicable)
Please note: If the Stamped Form 7 & Lodgement Summary are not supplied to SunWater within 20 business days of issue of a ‘Notice to Registrar’ (formerly known as a ROP13), SunWater will conduct Water Allocation search/es. All search fees incurred will be invoiced to the Solicitor.
Required documents for Lease
- Lease of Water Allocation Application
- Customer Profile Form – for all new customers
- Copy of completed form 7 & 20 for lease
- Company search – if Purchaser is company
- Full Trust Name details – if Purchaser is a trust
- Water Allocation Searches for all water allocations
All documents should be sent as text-readable pdf’s to email@example.com – OR – by post to Customer Support, SunWater Limited, PO Box 15536, CITY EAST QLD 4001
Response Time by SunWater
Our aim is to complete all applications efficiently and within an acceptable timeframe. The following is a guide on our response times:
- Issue Supply Contracts for signing (10 business days from receipt of fully completed application form and ALL required documents/forms)
- Issue of a ‘Notice to Registrar’ (formerly known as a ROP13) - 2 business days from receipt of completed/signed supply contracts
An Administration and Transfer Fee - Lease is applicable and an invoice for the fee is emailed to the Solicitor/Lessee upon receipt of the application. Current fees can be obtained from the Fees & Charges Schedule for the relevant scheme located on Scheme Information.