Paradise Dam Improvement ProjectParadise Dam, Queensland
Paradise Dam will be returned to its original height, as part of significant safety improvement works.
Paradise Dam Industry Forum
The Paradise Dam Industry Forum* (PDIF) was established to facilitate information sharing and ideas between local industry groups and Sunwater in relation to water security in the Burnett Catchment.
The group held its first meeting on 20 February 2020, prior to the commencement of the Paradise Dam Essential Works, and meets regularly.
The Forum continues to complement the work of the Paradise Dam Community Reference Group (PDCRG) and the Irrigator Advisory Committee, while the Paradise Dam Detailed Business Case is being undertaken.
The PDIF consists of five representatives from each of the various participating local industry groups.
From its inception until June 2021, the Group was led by Independent Chair Stuart Armitage, a cotton grower from Darling Downs. Stuart stepped down from his role in June 2021 after being appointed to the Sunwater Board.
*Note the group was originally called the Burnett Catchment Industry Forum (BCIF). A name change was agreed in July 2020 in response to stakeholder feedback.
The role of the PDIF is to:
- Assist Sunwater to identify opportunities to improve water security in the Burnett Catchment
- Make recommendations to Sunwater, for possible presentation to Government, regarding reliability, storage, distribution, infrastructure, sharing and allocation of water in the Burnett Catchment
- Establish an effective and efficient communication process between Sunwater and industry stakeholders
- Develop and strengthen long term relationships between stakeholders
- Ensure that industry stakeholders are accurately informed about the Burnett Catchment, and associated safety and water security matters
- Provide a process for stakeholders to raise concerns and provide an opportunity for Sunwater to demonstrate how those concerns have been taken into consideration.
In summary, the primary focus of the PDIF is to identify opportunities and to exchange ideas to improve water security.
|Chair||Pending new appointment|
|Bundaberg Fruit and Vegetable Growers||Bree Grima|
Craig van Rooyen
|Canegrowers Isis||Mark Mammino|
|Bundaberg Regional Irrigators Group||Annie Attard |
|Australian Macadamia Society||Kevin Steinhardt|
|Citrus Australia||Nathan Hancock / Kerry Thompson|
|Avocados Australia||Eric Carney|