Sunwater will support Townsville City Council as it implements the Haughton Pipeline Duplication project.
- The project will see supplies of bulk raw water pumped into Ross River Dam from Sunwater’s Burdekin Haughton Water Supply Scheme to augment Townsville’s water supply during periods of low rainfall
- Sunwater will increase the capacity of the Burdekin Haughton Main Channel in anticipation of future demand from Townsville City Council and irrigation customers.
- Stage 1 works started in April 2016 and were completed in December 2016
- Stage 2 works are scheduled for completion in late 2019, weather permitting
- Stage 3 works are scheduled for completion by late 2020, weather permitting.