Sunwater has established a Customer Advisory Board to capitalise on the learnings of the recent LMA process and build a collaborative partnership between Sunwater, customers and stakeholders regarding the medium and longer-term strategic and sustainable management of the Lower Mary scheme.
The Board’s objectives are to:
- improve water security for irrigators and the scheme
- facilitate genuine customer engagement
- ensure transparency in decision-making and information flow
- provide a scheme-specific focus, recognising the unique regional value of each scheme and the importance of the scheme to the local economy and community
- foster relationships and understanding between SunWater, scheme customers and local stakeholders
- increase understanding of, and ability to adapt to, industry drivers in terms of water use
- enable effective input and examination by customers and stakeholders to strategic planning and decision-making processes in relation to the scheme
- provide a commercial focus and recommend ways to improve the financial viability of the scheme to ensure its long-term sustainability.
The membership and functioning of the CAB is governed by the CAB Terms of Reference.