UPDATE 2: 5 April 2021
PARADISE DAM is unlikely to spill based on updated current forecast rainfall in the catchment.
A further update will be issued if the forecast changes.
UPDATE 1: 4 April 2021
Paradise Dam may spill water over coming days due to forecast rainfall in the catchment. The dam is currently at 44.3% capacity.
Essential work at the dam continues and a demobilisation plan is in place should a spilling event be expected.
Sunwater is fully prepared for a spill event and is working closely with the Bundaberg and North Burnett Local Disaster Management groups (LDMGs).
Bundaberg and North Burnett communities and downstream residents are encouraged to stay informed by:
- downloading Sunwater’s app and following Sunwater on Facebook and Twitter
- checking Bundaberg LDMG’s Disaster Dashboard for emergency news, road closures, and power outages
- tuning into ABC Radio 100.1 FM
- monitoring forecasts and river levels at bom.gov.au
- Checking the dam’s level at bit.ly/2CdRmI5
A further update will be issued if water is likely to spill over the dam spillway.