The COVID-19 health crisis is undoubtedly creating concern across Queensland and in line with our Sunwater values, our number one priority is the health and wellbeing of our customers and our people.
We remain focused on business as usual and have the measures in place to ensure water is available when and where customers need it. At this stage, there is no impact on our infrastructure or disruptions to water supply.
We are committed to keeping our customers informed during this period and have undertaken a number of activities to prepare and respond including:
- standing-up a dedicated team to monitor the situation as it unfolds
- reviewing and improving effective hygiene practices across all work sites and offices
- working closely with our people to ensure they are safe, receive the support they need and understand self-isolation requirements if returning from overseas or feeling unwell
- ensuring we have appropriate continuity plans and rosters in place for our critical operational and customer service teams and having the majority of our people working from home
- limiting non-essential travel, meetings and other gatherings involving face-to-face interactions – where possible, we will use available technology (phone calls, email, video conferencing) to communicate.
Customers can continue to contact us on 13 15 89 or firstname.lastname@example.org – our team remains available during business hours to answer any questions or action any requests and water orders.
Sunwater is listening to the advice of the Queensland Government and health authorities and we encourage our customers and the community to do so as well.
Further updates and information about Sunwater’s response to the COVID-19 health crisis will be provided through this ‘Latest News’ page.