skip to main content skip to navigation


Permanent Transfer of Water Allocation

Ownership of a water allocation title can be traded, similar to the sale of land titleTransfer types: WA sale; Devised by Will; Deed of Gift; Court Order; Mortgagee in Possession

Upon entering a sale contract the purchaser and seller complete a Transfer of Water Allocation Application form. The application is completed and submitted to SunWater with the required documentation detailed on the form.


1. SunWater receives required documents from Solicitor/Purchaser

2. SunWater prepares new contracts/amendments with search letter detailing further conditions (e.g. payment of outstanding account)

3. SunWater emails contracts/amendments and letter to Solicitor/Purchaser and Seller (if applicable) for signing

4. Solicitor/Purchaser and Seller (if applicable) return original signed contracts

5. SunWater receives signed contracts and checks payment for accounts have been received as per search letter or commitment obtained from solicitor that any outstanding monies will be collected at settlement

6. SunWater issues ‘Notice to Registrar of Existence of Supply Contract’ (formerly known as ROP13) to Solicitor/Purchaser along with the customer copy of the executed supply contract

7. Solicitor/Purchaser is to provide SunWater with a copy of the Stamped Form 1 and Lodgement Summary to allow the transfer of the water allocation from the Seller’s account to that of the Buyer. If a Financier is lodging the documents with Titles then the Solicitor/Purchaser is to provide to SunWater a copy of the Stamped Form 1 and contact details of the Financier [see note below].

8. On receipt of Stamped Form 1 & Lodgement Summary or Financier contact details, SunWater will transfer the allocation to the purchaser

9. Solicitor/Purchaser to supply Registration Confirmation Statement (RCS) to SunWater when transfer is registered at Titles and on receipt, SunWater provides a release of supply contract letter to the Seller

Please note: If the Stamped Form 1 & Lodgement Summary or Financier contact details are not supplied to SunWater within 20 business days of issue of a 'Notice to Registrar' (formerly known as ROP13), SunWater will conduct Water Allocation search/es. All search fees incurred will be invoiced to the Solicitor.

Permanent Transfer Completed

Required documents for Transfer

  • Transfer of Water Allocation Application
  • Customer Profile Formfor all new customers
  • Copy of sale contract or completed form 1 & 24
  • Company search – if Purchaser is company
  • Full Trust Name details – if Purchaser is a trust
  • Death Certificate and/or Grant of Probate – if deceased estate
  • Water Allocation Searches for all water allocations

All documents should be sent as text-readable pdf’s to – OR – by post to Customer Support, SunWater Limited, PO Box 15536, CITY EAST QLD 4001

Response Time by SunWater

Our aim is to complete all applications efficiently and within an acceptable timeframe. The following is a guide on our response times:

  • Issue Supply Contracts for signing (10 business days from receipt of fully completed application form and ALL required documents/forms)
  • Issue of a 'Notice to Registrar' (formerly known as ROP13) - 2 business days from receipt of completed/signed supply contracts

Application Fee

An Administration and Transfer Fee is applicable and an invoice for the fee is emailed to the Solicitor/Purchaser upon receipt of the application. Current fees can be obtained from the Fees & Charges Schedule for the relevant scheme located on Scheme Information.