Dam Safety Governance
Building and managing 21 major dams (both SunWater and externally owned assets) throughout Queensland has made SunWater the experts in dam safety and in understanding the intricate regulations and issues that surround maintaining bulk water infrastructure.
Our extensive first-hand knowledge and experience provides customers with effective solutions and on-going support through dam safety reviews and inspections and documented dam safety reports.
Our full service offer
- Reviewing flood hydrology, geology, seismicity and embankment stability
- Accessing filter and rockfill materials
- Reviewing structural and hydraulic designs
- Dam break analysis
- Emergency action plans
- Hazard assessment including dam failure impact assessment
- Identifying paths to failure and structural deficiencies
- Auditing documentation
- Risk assessment and risk management programs
- Site rehabilitation and remedial action planning
- Surveillance and inspection