As supplier of over approximately 40% of all commercial water in Queensland, SunWater’s water supply network underpins the vital mining sector throughout the state.
With rapid growth in this sector, particularly coal and the coal seam gas sector, we have worked alongside commercial businesses to remain the leader in innovative and new technologies necessary to deliver secure and reliable water solutions.
- Water supply planning
- Sale or lease of water allocations
- Water infrastructure development to provide new water allocations
- Water infrastructure to provide a water transportation service
- Facilities management services (operation and maintenance) of mining assets, and
- Water cycle management within mines
Some of our clients include
- BHP Mitsubishi Alliance
- Xstrata Copper
- Anglo Coal
- Macarthur Coal
“QGC is working with SunWater to develop a long-term, commercially and environmentally viable solution for the management of treated water from coal seams.”
David Maxwell, QGC Senior Vice President
The Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning have recently released CoalPlan 2030, which provides a medium to long-term plan for the provision of infrastructure required to meet the needs of the Queensland coal industry over the next 20 years.
For more information about SunWater's infrastructure development and management services, contact Business Development on:
Phone +61 7 3120 0000