SunWater is a specialist designer, owner, builder and maintainer of pipeline water supply systems.
We have a portfolio of more than 2,700km of pipeline in 15 systems, varying from high head systems over hundreds of kilometres, supplying high reliability water to industrial and mining customers to highly branched low pressure systems supplying agricultural customers.
In addition to our own assets, we also operate a further client based portfolio of pipelines on behalf of BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA) and Queensland Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning.
Our portfolio of pipeline projects has been designed and contract managed by our highly skilled internal resources. Specialist skills developed over these projects, as well as the normal engineering based expertise include the following:
- Conceptual evaluation of piped and/or pumped systems, with a high confidence that all risk elements to the project will be identified
- Preparation of business cases for long term asset development. This can involve investigating an appropriate funding mix for each project from internal equity investment and borrowings based on potential customer supply contracts
- Optimisation of pump station duty and location for multi-lift systems
- Specialist design skills related to the analysis and solutions for pipeline transient pressure problems
- A suite of ‘standard’ proven designs for a range of pipeline assets in rural environments that benefit new projects, and
- Construction of long linear assets, especially in remote harsh environments.
SunWater is also a specialist operator and maintainer of pipeline systems, and has proprietary and in-house systems to optimise renewals expenditure to the required life of the pump and pipeline asset.