SunWater App now available
The SunWater App provides communities living near our dams, weirs and waterways with the latest information, including operational updates and emergency preparedness notifications - all accessible from your apple or android device.
Download the free App here:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get the SunWater App?
The SunWater App is available for downloading from Google Play or the App Store depending on your device. If you use an android device, search for the App in Google Play and if you use an apple device, search for the App in the App Store.
- What is the purpose of the SunWater App?
The SunWater App provides communities with the latest information, including operational updates and emergency preparedness notifications - all accessible from your apple or android device.
- What are the benefits of having the SunWater App?
Rather than search for updates from SunWater either on our website or social media sites, you can elect to have important alerts appear on your device via push notifications.
- What types of updates will SunWater provide on the App?
Information relating to dam outflows
- Operational i.e. environmental releases
- Emergency i.e. possible flood outflows
General community updates
- Can I get the SunWater App on any device?
You can download the App onto any device that has Google Play or the App Store i.e. including tablets, ipads and mobiles.
- How do I use the SunWater App?
Download the app from Google Play or the App Store. Open the App and update your account settings by selecting desired options which will determine the types of alerts you will receive from SunWater. For example:
- Would you like to receive either community or operational alerts?
- Would you like to receive alerts about a particular location or region?
- Would you like to receive alerts as push notifications or emails?
You are able to share the App or individual alerts to friends and family via Facebook, Twitter or email.
- How important is the SunWater App in the event of an emergency near SunWater dams?
SunWater will utilise the App along with various other communication methods such as SMS alerts, social media, internet sites and radio bulletins in the event of an emergency relating to a SunWater dam such as possible dam outflows during extreme weather events.
- Who do I contact if I’m having trouble with the App?
If you have technical concerns relating to the App, please contact SunWater’s customer support on 13 15 89 or alternately submit your feedback via the App’s main menu.
- Ensure your device is set to receive notification in settings.
- You will only be able to share the App via Facebook or Twitter if you have a Facebook and/or Twitter account.
- Can I provide feedback about the App?
Your feedback is important to us. Please submit your feedback via the App.
- Will SunWater be making improvements to the App?
We are committed to making a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate, and we will be regularly making improvements to the SunWater App. You will be prompted to download an updated version via Google Play or the App Store when improvements are made to the App.